Very random and serious problems while updating to 2.1 [got stuck at activate screen]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kuebk, Oct 26, 2008.

1. kuebk

kuebk New Member

So I was looking for help here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109158 - but cuz I couldn't get any working reply I decided to try to post in here.

First time when I get 2.1 on my Touch iTunes was hunging when Touch was connected to PC when I disconnected it iTunes was giving me error saying that iPhone answered wrong [or something like that] so I did a restore again since I could get into DFU just like that I had to use WINPWN guide to get Touch into DFU.

And now the situation looks like:
    - when I try to to bring Touch to DFU mode on my own iTunes all time is giving me error 13
    - when I try using WINPWN it works but after updating Touch is stucked at connect to iTunes screen and iTunes is saying that iPod is connected but can't be used and wants me to disconnect and connect again - the problem is that I can do it all time and it doesn't change anything.

Looking to get help - please.

BTW: Can someone confirm the MD5 checksum of the firmware file?
    Mine is: 503591BB4EC4FFF109AE29AE63831E5B
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Don't know about your problem, but the checksum is correct.
  3. kuebk

kuebk New Member

I have no freaking idea why it doesn't want to work too + I couldn't find any similar problem to mine.