very newbie question...please help me out

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by redraider, Nov 22, 2007.

1. redraider

redraider New Member

Ok this is a seriously newbie question...I tried searching and reading FAQ and going on jailbreakme.com, but I couldnt find my answer in easy terms. What exactly is jailbreaking? There are 100 threads on how do to it but I'm not sure exactly what it is. I would like to add 'themes' and games and other cool stuff to my itouch. Is this how i go about doing it? LIke i said i tried searching and looking everywhere online but I cant find exactly what it is. ANY help is appreciated!

Ross
  2. globalcrook

globalcrook New Member

jailbreaking

jailbreaking is like hacking the ipod software, to add new applications which can play games, themes, other utilities that u can add on your ipod, thus to start you need to jailbreak, and if you mess up you can always restore

Please Register or Log in to view images

also a simple wikipedia search about jailbreak ipodtouch will explain everything

3. redraider

redraider New Member

Ok, i'm beginning to understand it better. I read where you can jailbreak computer free at the sticky. I'm dowloading 1.1.1 to update on my itouch correct? After that just go the the website it lists and I'm jailbroke? What are the steps after that? something with installer.app?
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

yup ipodtouchmaster is the person you look to when you have no idea what to do. Second these forums are a GREAT source of answers too!