Very easy way to downgrade 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 whitout iPhuc

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by mooiemichel, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mooiemichel

mooiemichel New Member

This worked for me and first I tried the iphuc downgrade method and it SUCKED and I couldn't get it to work. However, this way worked and I didn't have to even type one single command.

First off, lemme just say I'm running 1.1.3 on my iPod with the software update pack and iTunes 7.6 when I did this.

1. Connect your iPod touch and let it show up in iTunes and finish syncing and make sure you've logged into the home screen.

2. Hold down POWER and HOME until the iPod disappears from the source list.

3. When the iPod disappears from the source list, you can let go of the POWER button but, KEEP holding the HOME button until the iPod pops back into the list in recovery mode.

4. Then you can go about your normal downgrade routine by holding down the OPTION key while clicking the "Restore" button and choose the 1.1.1 firmware.

As I said earlier, no need for iPhuc and this was done using 1.1.3 and iTunes 7.6. I can't believe how hard this information was to find.

By the way, this is NOT the normal restore way as it was in previous downgrades... that's when you get the unknown errors.

I hope this works for all of you out there. It sure worked for me after many failed attempts at the so called "iphuc" method.
  2. Addicted

Addicted New Member

CONFIRMED IT WORKS!
    I was at 1.1.3 and kept getting "unknown error" when trying to downgrade from 1.1.3 when not in DFU mode.

NOTE: This IS how to get into DFU mode!
  3. Icy Max

Icy Max New Member

4. ronniev23

ronniev23 New Member

when i get to the part where u hold shift and click 1.1.1 firmware it doesnt work for me i get "an unknown error has occurred (1) " should i wait for the new jailbreak or do this
  5. lilbrzboi

lilbrzboi New Member

=D

Thanks ma dudess, worked perfectly!

reps

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ph4t3 h4ck

ph4t3 h4ck New Member

i get "unknown error (1)"
  7. Saar

Saar New Member

Thx!

Ik worked fine with me. With iTunes 7.6 & Firmware 1.1.3 on iPod.
  8. ghijo86

ghijo86 New Member

i don't understand.. i hold SHIFT (on pc) button when i click RESTORE, and I have to choose where is the backup that i want to restore.. but i don't know where it is.. (i made a backup with a jailbroken 1.1.1 version..)

do you know where i can find it on my pc?? or how can i restore my 1.1.1 backup ??

thank youuuu
  9. mooiemichel

mooiemichel New Member

If you push shift + RESTORE you must select the 1.1.1 firmware, this fireware you can download from the apple site... Use google and you while find it! I don't think you can select a backup!

Good luck and let me now...
  10. kingfignewton

kingfignewton New Member

Hey thx hopefully this works i have tried to downgrade for the past week and stayed up for hours

Please Register or Log in to view images

and it kept gettine an unknown error so hopefully this works or I will just wait for a 1.1.3 jailbreak.

ps, you have to up grade itunes to 7.6, and how check wat version your itunes is?