Very Easy backup; Adressbook, Calendar, Notes, youtube bookmarks and much more

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by iFanaddic, Nov 24, 2007.

1. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

We all know that having to restore your ipod can be a real pain in the... Well I tried to find a way to back up my personal info so I dont have to manualy re-enter them everytime I restore. (this method is probably know to many of you but I couldn't find it anywhere) open your ipod with winSCP and the go to: private/var/root/library in the library folder are your preferences. Create a file on your computer named "backup" or whatever and just drag the file you want to backup in your backup folder. Example in my file I have Adressbook, Calendar, Notes, youtube, safari. Anyway once the preferences you want have been same on your computer restore your ipod, and put them back and VoilĂ !

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope this thread was useful to some of you, if its not ill close it...Can I even do that? I don't know lol anyway thanks
  2. ohdarlingx

ohdarlingx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Hey! I'm in Montreal too

Anyways, forgive the noobish question, but how exactly do I open my ipod in winSCP? (what is winSCP anyways, haha? SCP stands for sciences physiques for me

)

EDIT: Nevermind, I searched and found the noob guide!
  3. discotransit

discotransit New Member

I had trouble accessing my ipod through WinSCP too, but that was because I wasn't able to turn on SSH on my 1.1.3 jb ipod. to fix this, I had to go to installer and download OPENSSH. once it installed and logged in I was able to access my ipod through WinSCP once again.

Hope that helps you out.
  4. Whoooooop

Whoooooop New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it a backup of preferences or.. hmm?? The entire calender = entries ... and so on? Then its exactly what im lookin for^^
  5. nerdy1

nerdy1 New Member

I get my songs from limewire

and when i back it up it always say like track 1 when its named and i have to renamed them.. cant get it to stay the same ;/