Very big problem for my ipod touch 1g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by topboss, Jul 4, 2010.

1. topboss

topboss New Member

i have an ipod touch 1st generation, and i started realizing that i am having charging issues. when i plug my ipod into my laptop it is sometimes hard for it to sync in and charge i sometimes have to play with the charger and ipod touch to make the charging start. ALso when i get the ipod touch to charge, it will sync and show the eletric bolt symbol , meaning it is charging. however that bolt symbol will change into an outlet plug symbol and it will disconect from my laptop and not charge at all PLEASE HELP ME , What do i do ?
  2. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Since your device is a first generation, it is possible that its been worn out. You could just take it to the Apple Store, but I don't think that they can really do much for you because your 1-year warranty has expired a while ago. So, maybe it's time for you to get a newer iPod. If the rest of your iPod still works fine, then you could probably trade it with Apple (you should ask them and see what they say) or sell it on eBay. Then using the money you got from it along with some more, you could buy another iPod.
  3. topboss

topboss New Member

but my sister has a apple ipod touch 3g and it does the same thing , and she just got it 3 weeks ago
  4. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Make sure it is on a full-power usb plug & not a keyboard usb plug.
  5. steelersfan32

steelersfan32 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sounds like a computer problem. Try a friends computer and see if it charges normally. If you happen to have a volt meter (which most people don't), look at the usb port you will see a plastic bar with four metal pins on it, measure the voltage between the far left and far right pins; if it's anything lower than 5 volts, the usb port is faulty.
  6. topboss

topboss New Member

i dont think its my computer, i had tried it on two laptops and my original computer, and i also tried switching the usb cords
  7. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Try buying an external wall charger and see if that works