*very astonishing*

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jimaiwr, Dec 6, 2009.

1. jimaiwr

jimaiwr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hi, this is a very special discovery that i have found yesterday while using my friend's 8gb ipod touch 3rd gen (later 2009) model.

most people, as not all; think there isnt a "3rd gen" ipod touch 8gb. but i have found that using my friend's 8gb ipod touch 3rd gen (later 2009) model while playing 'eliminate' that the graphics are better. (easiest difference to spot is the 4 holes in the blue shotgun- just try and see) if you ever noticed, that an iphone 3g or lower, the blue shotgun's barrel end is just a crappy flat square object, but on the 8gb ipod touch 3rd gen, you can see 4 barrel holes which is a cropped cross like object and the details on the shotgun are more ..well detailed, just like in the iphone 3GS.

i dont really understnad why right now, but i am here because you guys can test the theory out and see maybe that it's just the firmware 3.1.2, or its the 3rd generation which changes the graphics.

so yeh, i pretty much conclude that there is a change between the 3rd generation, please everyone post pics and help i reali want to know how the two are different.

~thanks
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Astonishing isn't the word I'd use...
  3. jimaiwr

jimaiwr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    why-.-?? people say the hardware is the same except the 'phone' process is used, thanks for helping ...pk
  4. abakalad

abakalad Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    great find. i have also noticed this
  5. jimaiwr

jimaiwr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeh, can someone out there see if the iPod touch 2gen has a difference and if someone has a 3.1.2 ipt2g and test it ou that would be great=)
  6. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    This is... *astonishing*
  7. iOwnxD

iOwnxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well the ipod touch 2g had a lot of improvements over the iphone 3g.
  8. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So just as a clarification, he tested an 3rd generation iPod touch (8GB), which is supposed to have no hardware change whatsoever when compared to the 2nd generation iPod touch (8GB)? But he saw an improvement in graphics rendering? Interesting...

Can you please post a screenshot from both devices for us to see? Preferably, you should be using the same weapon, armour; and stand in the same spot and aim in the same direction for both screenies.

Also I saw that you made references to the iPhone 3G. Just note that you cannot compare the 3rd generation iPod touch (8GB) to the iPhone 3G as there are a few hardware and major software differences (even if running on the same firmware version).

But very interesting...
  9. jimaiwr

jimaiwr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    nahanahanah, I don't hv a ipt2g 8gb so I'm here to see weather it is different because people say that their hardware is the same, so I want people to test eliminate on their ipt2g 8gb or 16, and if someone has a ipt2g 8gb 3.1.2 firmware test that cz it might be the drivers which are supporting better grahics.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I'll see when I go to my other friends place cuz he has an ipt2g 8gb, and then see if the ipt3g 8gb actually is different to the ipt2g 8gb.
  10. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^^This is...*spam*.
    It's really annoyoing when you find somthing intersting like this, and then people just spam because of the thread's name. Alright so it may not be News of the Year, but it is a cool find.

Anyways, great find! I want to see some pictures of this though.