Vertical Lines Going Down PSP Slim

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by iPoTH4CK3R, Mar 18, 2010.

1. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I finally got my very first PSP today after years of wanting one. I got a PSP Slim from a friend for a mere $30

Please Register or Log in to view images

. But the problem is there are these vertical lines going down the screen. I tried to take a pic but it's really hard to capture so here's some I found online that look identical to my problem.:

I'm just wondering what could be causing this. I did some long long research on this and it seems to be kinda rare, but I came to the conclusion through my research that it is probably motherboard related and not the LCD. I was wondering if any of you guys could help determine whether I should be buying a new LCD or a new Motherboard.

Thanks!
  2. Led

Led Banned

If your friend didn't do something to it, it should probably be under warranty since there weren't released that long ago. It'd try that first. Good deal by the way.
  3. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope, it is wayyy out of it's 1 year warranty. That was the first thing I did was call Sony and check, and they said like $90 to fix it and I was like bump that lol.

But I found a motherboard on eBay in addition to the LCD (which for some reason is most expensive on the 2000 model) but they're both about $50 a piece so I want to make sure I buy the right one.

Oh and he said he never did anything to it, he turned it on one day and it was just like that. That's one of the reasons he was wanting to sell it so cheap cause he didn't think he could get more for it.
  4. Led

Led Banned

Oh, lol, i misread slim as in go. Not sure.