Ventrilo port

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by SiN Altr Ego EL, May 24, 2009.

1. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    maybe like... make a mobile version of Ventrilo, for us WoW players.. and maybe possibly combine it with a SIP-VOIP client. cause Siphon is nice and all, but the server i'm using is garbage and i need a new one. with the ventrilo servers, everything is free no matter what... so.. idk.. if not the SIP-VOIP, then at least a Vent port.
  2. Jas1222

Jas1222 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I second this, not for WoW but for use in general Iv been waiting ages for a port from somewhere
  3. TheTerminator

TheTerminator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah I would like one too.
  4. Sparky1010

Sparky1010 New Member

What I have done so far to make Vent work on my ipod touch(only some parts are useable):
    Make sure you have the following:
    Line in - Line out cord
    2 Skype Accounts (One for desktop, one for laptop)
    Wifi

Ok so, you wanna go to your desktop, setup Skype and turn up the volume on skype all the way. Also, go to a setting which makes all incoming calls, autopickup.
    Then plug your line in and out cord into your speaker and mic.
    If you setup ventrilos settings correct, you may be able to eliminate the echo.
    heres the options Ive setup:

Please Register or Log in to view images

(with the exception that it was not on push to talk, it was on sensitvity enabled stuff lol)
    So take your ipod touch/iphone skype account (start skype) and call your desktop skype.
    It should auto pick up the call and then anything coming out your speakers on your desktop will go to your headphones for your ipod touch and anything going through your mic on your headphones will go through the mic jack in your desktop.
    Now obviously, you cant change channels or anything like that so setup what u need b4 u take your leave.
    Good luck!
  5. ventrilode

ventrilode New Member

There's an app for that now! We just released a new Ventrilo client in the App Store called 'Ventrilode'. Focus was on building a great app with a great UI that does what it needs to do.

Get it via http://ventrilode.com/get or look for Ventrilode on the App Store!

Please Register or Log in to view images