Veiwing Images from apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by j hooder, Aug 27, 2008.

1. j hooder

j hooder Member

when i copy images from my ipod onto my computer i can't veiw them or edit them it says "there was an error opening the file" how can i veiw them or edit them?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Where are the images, what format are the images in? And what're you using to view them? I can't think of any decent iPhone-based photo editing programs... at least ones which do real editing rather than just adding word balloons.
  3. j hooder

j hooder Member

they are inside the ttr app folder and i wantted to try to make a theme for it so i wantted to open them in photoshop and they are in .png format
  4. Jarlath

Here's the obvious question - are you sure they're really PNG files and that they copied over successfully? If you can't view them as thumbnails in Windows Explorer or in Finder, they aren't PNG's or didn't copy over correctly.
  5. j hooder

j hooder Member

they are png's and im pretty sure they copied over fine. try urself go into an app via ssh and copy a blue1.png from /private/var/mobile/Applications/xdfsaxxx/Tap Tap.app/Aweso.ttrTheme and see if ur able to veiw it cuz i cannot
  6. Jarlath

Can you view theme in other programs? If you can't, they aren't PNG's or didn't copy over correctly. That's why i was asking if Windows Explorer or Finder showed them or not.
  7. j hooder

j hooder Member

no they dont show in windows explorer and dont open in any app, but some files are veiwable, its always the same ones each time i try
  8. daio

daio Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You need to put them through a program to decrypt them, can't remember what it's called but it outputs a readable PNG file from the encrypted PNG file, then they are visible. It's something like: iPhoneFixPng.exe or fixpngWindows.
    It will be included in the iPodUtil program also in this thread.

You can then reupload the edited image in decrypted format to the ipod/iphone to use, it does not have to be encrypted after edit.
  9. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    its called fixpng.
    the images are png files, apple just "encrypts" them so no one can edit them.
  10. joshrose54

joshrose54 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yep its in ur app that is about to be released