Veency problems

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lhamil64, Jul 13, 2010.

1. lhamil64

lhamil64 Active Member

Device:
    HTC One X
    As many people have experienced, I get the "blank screen" problem with Veency (blank screen in VNC client, mouse cursor on iPod). A while ago, I tried installing the older version with the .deb file. Every time I connected and tried moving around, my ipod would crash (reboot). I have an iPod Touch 2nd generation running iOS 4 (jailbroke with Redsn0w).
    Is there a fix for the older version, an update planned to work on iOS 4, or an alternative to Veency?

EDIT:
    I tried installing the older version again. It seems like it's fine as long as I don't try to control my ipod with my computer. It displays it pretty much OK (at least on the low bandwidth setting. I'll try increasing it a little to see if it crashes)
  2. arlind

arlind New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same here ....i restored i pod 2 but still goes in safe mode
  3. lhamil64

lhamil64 Active Member

Device:
    HTC One X
    Your profile says you're on 3.1.2. Is that correct?
  4. RubyRa1n

RubyRa1n Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Or you could just get Mocha VNC lite from the app store. it works pretty well for a free app. Just install a VNC server on u comp.
  5. Eurosonly

Eurosonly New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    there is a fixed version.......... just google veency fixed and click the first link add the source to cydia and download it ....... its that simple works on 4.0 and u dont get the black screen
  6. Communati0n

Communati0n New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    well yes i did that, but i still get black screen on most apps, but i can control springboard, and some other app well, such as ffm
  7. rizork

rizork New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi guys!

Same problem here.

My settings:
    iPod Touch 3G 8GB MC iOS4 jailebroken

There are two versions of Veency that I've tried:

1) Veency 0.9.3197-1 newer version from saurik's repository, which shows only black screen, however I can control iPod touch with it, I can see mouse cursor on iPod touch and open apps and etc, but it useless since nothing shows in vnc viewer (regardless on vnc viewer, I've already tried RealVNC, UltraVNC, TightVNC with different settings).

2) Veency 0.9.3023-1.deb an older version which suppose to fix back screen issue (per google links, videos on youtube, it also can be downloaded from ratz96 repository), but instead of it, it crashes ipod when you try to click something on a screen, however in does not show black screen.

So two versions of veency are useless.

Please help.
  8. Communati0n

Communati0n New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    yeah, newest version just black screen everywhere, useless.

older version supposed to fix the problem gave me view of the springboard, but most of the apps show a black screen