Vay Icon

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by bigmoew, Aug 12, 2008.

1. bigmoew

bigmoew New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Could anyone SSH into their ipod and get Vay's icon .png, then upload it? I'm trying to make a Vay Icon for a winterboard theme, but every time I try to do it myself, it comes up as corrupted/damaged, even though its clearly shown on the springboard.
  2. mc3s2

mc3s2 New Member

3. canzocanzocanzo

canzocanzocanzo Member

4. Lucca

Lucca New Member

How can you SSH to your iphone/touch? I'm assuming you have to jailbreak it first, right?

If so, here's a question - Can you actually access the quicktime movies/cutscenes this way, or are they too 'hidden' in the .app?

I'd love to have these, honestly (partially for giggles, if you know what I mean.)
  5. canzocanzocanzo

canzocanzocanzo Member

Yes you do have to jailbreak your iPod touch to ssh in to it but to access the files in app packages just drag them out of iTunes onto your desktop or wherever then rename the .ipa extension to a .zip. From there you can just open the zip file and explore the files in the app.

Btw I don't know what you mean.
  6. Lucca

Lucca New Member

Sorry, some people consider the voice acting in the cutscenes to be laughworthy (as in bad) so I wanted to show them.

I'm not quite sure I want to jailbreak my iphone since it seems to have to restore everything to do so. Hope my backup is good.

I mean, it doesn't seem that complicated, but with my luck it'd be bricked. I'll have to think on this one, unless I can ask a request for the cutscenes (if they're not super huge).
  7. edru

edru New Member

no one happens to know where on the ipod the Vay save is do they?
  8. Lucca

Lucca New Member

Actually, here's a question:

Would an app like touchterm preform the same SSH trickery that you guys are able to do on your jailbroken phones?

I might consider buying the app if it can.