var/root/media/ROMs/PSX?

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by darklightheart7, Mar 13, 2008.

1. darklightheart7

darklightheart7 New Member

uh yeah i cant get psx iso to show up in var/mobile/Media/ROMs/PSX i have tried fixing permissions and still nothing i have gotten it to work in root instead of mobile but i was wondering have you guys gotten it to work in mobile and how?
  2. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

When you think about it the answer is simple, the application psx4all has been coded to look for the rom files in the following directory:-

/var/root/Media/Roms/PSX

It will always look at this location until the programmer that made the program tells it to do something else. When the program was made this was the user storage area of the touch. It could have been programmed to store the information in the OS's listed storage area (so when you upgraded to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 it would know that /var/mobile/Media was the new storage area) but it wasn't the absolute directory listing for the firmware at that time was used so it will aways look in the var/root directory.

I don't really see the issue with working out which user portion that app you want to run uses and put the relevant info in there. If you want NES to work on 1.1.4 you put the games in /var/mobile/Media/Roms/NES if you want psx4all to work put the games in /var/root/Media/Roms/PSX it doesn't matter where the stuff is stored, it won't work better in /var/mobile then in /var/root

This isn't an issue with application developers coding, it is just that Apple changed the user preferences storage area location on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 which nobody could have predicated, and why spend extra time coding to account for this if nobody knew it would happen?
  3. darklightheart7

darklightheart7 New Member

yeah i have a really good way to make psx work really good so either way il be fine i guess