Var doesn't show as a Folder!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by iAuzy, Aug 21, 2008.

1. iAuzy

iAuzy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Okay, so I recently jailbroke my 2.0 iPod Touch with WinPWN 2.0.0.2. I don't have internet on my iPod but I do have it on my computer and cannot get my wi-fi to work on the Touch. I found out how to SSH without OpenSSH and the internet and have accessed the files. Once I accessed it I tried getting into the var folder but it was just a file instead of a folder and I do not know why, here is a screenshot:

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

It's /private/var

/var is just a symlink.
  3. iAuzy

iAuzy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hmm alright thanks! but now I have another problem, when I try to add (for example) mobile installation, since I accidentally deleted it, it shows up with this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

i was gonna help until i saw you attempting to crack apps here.
  5. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Go download WinSCP
    Go download iPhone Tunnel Suit

Plug your iPod into your comp, open iPhone tunnel suit click iPhone tunnel, then open WinSCP (dont click the winSCP button, that version of winscp is in a foreign language), and put the hostname as 127.0.0.1, the login name root, the password alpine port 22. Save and login.

Voila, you are connected via usb, and you can use WinSCP.

Try using it, if you have a problem, people would be able to help you better since more people use it that w.e program your using, so they may be able to figure out the problem.
  6. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you want to get into any of the "file-folders" (var, Applications, etc.) just go up into the location bar above the fie pane (where it says T-Pot/...) and type "T-Pot/var" or "T-Pot/Applications" or whatever, and you'll go into that folder.
  7. duxrwing66

duxrwing66 New Member

I have a similar problem, but it's my Applications folder that isn't there. I tried doing what Sargeant Pepper said, but it didn't work.