validation in itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xympa, Jun 23, 2010.

1. xympa

xympa New Member

Why does when i try to restore to 3.1.2 it says that apple didn't validate it? I have the shshs for my 3.1.2 only...

BTW: now i'm stuck on recovery loop, great...

It's an iPod 3rd gen 32gb.
  2. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

Theres a post uptop about using TinyTSS to do a local restore. Did you change your hostfile and make sure that TinyTSS is broadcasting on port 80?
  3. xympa

xympa New Member

NVM i just restored it to 3.1.3 and spirited his ass, but what if i still wanted to restore back to 3.1.2, i only have the shshs locally, and tinyssh was having some problems don't know why... I think the problem was with the directory, but i think i did everything right... Usually Skype hogs up the port 80, but i made sure nothing was really using the internet...
  4. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

Well...it sounds like you had the SHSH for 3.1.3, because you can't restore to 3.1.3 anymore, only 4.0. I think it worked fine, you just thought you had the SHSH for a different FW.
  5. xympa

xympa New Member

Does blackra1n work with 3.1.3? cause i don't think so and i jailbroke the first time with it... And when i used the shsh grabber i'm pretty sure i was using 3.1.2

I think the problem was that i ran spirit on top of the blackrained 3.1.2,wich was tethered, and when i grabbed the shshs it probably though i had the 3.1.3...
  6. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

Use Spirit. It's untethered and faster.

spiritjb.com

And it doesn't matter what firmware you're ON when you grab your SHSH, it matters what firmware they're signing. If you used the SHSH grabber after feburary, then you got a 3.1.3 SHSH, which is good, because now you can restore back to 3.1.3 from iOS4
  7. xympa

xympa New Member

But when i used blackra1n spirit was only a dream

Please Register or Log in to view images

, anyways it all ended well!