Using Wireless Network

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zipezapehape, Oct 3, 2007.

1. zipezapehape

zipezapehape New Member

My high school has a wireless network and I was wondering how I could use it with my ipod touch. I was able to connect to the network by entering a password (which turned out to be password). However, although I am connected, I can't use the internet. Is it because they might be using a proxy sever? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. audirtbiker

audirtbiker New Member

i to do it at my school.... the problem with mine is that my scholl blocks different websites... like im not able to get on youtube, facebook, or itunes.... i can only get to sites that arent blocked ( to bad i know way to get around the bloacker!

Please Register or Log in to view images

) just go to google.com then type in the website you want in google.... then go to the bottom and it says translate to spanish.... click that.... then go back to the bottom when its en espanol andd click translate to english and then you can have acces to any site on the web... at least that the way it is at my school....

also we arent allowed to use the wifi... but they r dumb enough not to secure it... ha
  3. zipezapehape

zipezapehape New Member

in my school though i cant even get to google it says something like "cannot find server".
  4. TheAntiw00t

TheAntiw00t New Member

well at the university of hawaii we have a campus wide wireless network. however, you have to connect to the network first, then you have to open a browser which will direct you to a login page for you to input your user login and password. for some reason on my ipot, when i connect to the network, it connects, but doesn't let me connect to the login page so that i can have internet access. anybody else have this same problem with accessing a similarly structured wireless network?
  5. zipezapehape

zipezapehape New Member

is there anyone else that can help?
  6. CurtisV

CurtisV New Member

I have a wireless network at my school. Since I just got my iPod touch tonight I cant help to much know but I will give you some information on what I know about wireless networks at school. Ours is open and you can bring a laptop and connect to it, but there are websites like youtube, facebo, myspace.. ect. that I cant get on but I always find proxy sites (or make some) that I can use to get around. Maybe with your wireless its blocking access to the devices people try to connect to.. or it might say your connected and you really have to wrong pass.
    Anyway, I dont have anything tomorrow but on monday when I go to school I will see what happends when I connect to the wireless.
  7. zipezapehape

zipezapehape New Member

Thanks CurtisV, and good look with your ipod touch
  8. Endtroducing

Endtroducing New Member

I have this exact problem at UCSB. I'm going to go to talk to the ResNet guys to see if I can get a IP link or some information in order to access that page.
  9. endy

endy New Member

this might help

go to settings, Genral ,Reset, Reset wifi connections

that worked for me soo.. yeh
  10. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    WI-FI at school

I CAN connect to my school's wireless network no problem since it is unsecured, however i still do not have connection to the internet. When i try to load up a webpage it says "cannot find server." When i Use the school provided laptops they connect instantly and work just fine. I'm sure this has probably been answered elsewhere, but if somebody could point me in the right direction or help me out that would be appreciated.