Using vs Modding/Fixing/Restoring

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by papachango, Mar 5, 2008.

1. papachango

papachango New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know that at these types of forums, you tend to see only the bad things (who needs to whinge when everything is fine, right?) but it seems like every other post is asking for "HELP! I BRKED MAI IPOT LOL!1"

So, who here actually uses their iPod more than they mess with it?

i have a 20 minute bike ride to work and back 5 days, when i'm using it;
    Listen to it AT work;
    Come home and play it through the stereo while cooking dinner;
    Then make funky-ass jams with drummer ...

it screwed up once with ScreenShot.app, but besides that ... smooth sailing!

Who else uses this thing the way it's meant to be used (that includes all the games/app etc)?
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I use mine all the time... it's everything, a game boy advance, a text editor, what else could I ask for? And this is on 1.1.1.
  3. ben471

ben471 New Member

I get what your saying. I think I used my touch more for modding than actually using it. I got an iPhone recently to consolidate to one device and after I spent 5 minutes unlocking/activating/jailbreaking I've been using it how it should be used. I use Safari and iPod and the phone features, I do less modding basically. I still check installer now and then.
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I use mine for modding a lot since I just got it, but I've calmed down some since I have everything I need.
  5. antispartan

antispartan New Member

iv had mine for awhile and i admit when i first got it i was always looking for new "tricks" but know i use it mostly for what it was intended listening to music surfing the web ... ect. but i when the sdk comes out that will change the way we mod the ipod touch but maybe not for the best
  6. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

i do spend a LOT of time modding and creating themes and icons for my iPod Touch , but for the most part , i listen to it all day at work , browse the internets while i poop , i have season 3 and 4 of The Office that i usually watch in bed before i go to sleep

i take constant game breaks at work , play a round of solitaire , or Chuzzle now

but really who says how you are "supposed" to use it , maybe someones sole purpose for buying a thouch was to fiddle , hack , and mod the sh*t out of it

to each is own
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I actually doubt I'll use the sdk at all, I'm so comfortable in 1.1.1 jailbroken. It'll be weird to have to pay.

Please Register or Log in to view images