Using the iPad as a Graphics Tablet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AndyMosh, Jan 29, 2010.

1. AndyMosh

AndyMosh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i am a college student, studying graphic design, i was contemplating buying one of these when they are released, buying a capacitive touch pen and being able to draw up work on the pad instead of using paper and a pen or using photoshop with a mouse, views?
  2. Tsubame

Tsubame New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ...it'd probably work. Given that in two weeks the Brushes developer made a pretty robust version of Brushes (decided for fingers, but you get the idea) for it, I don't think it'll be surprising at all to see more robust graphical suites on the iPad.
  3. AndyMosh

AndyMosh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah it won't do stuttering lines like when drawing on the ipod touch 3g hopefully, great for me definitely going to buy one
  4. Fenderboy

Fenderboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm sure it would work, that's one of the first things I heard of when I found out about it. Right now I use a Bamboo Pen tablet which works great, since it was designed for graphics. But it'd be cool being able to see what you draw, which would work on the iPad. It wouldn't be able to run PS obviously, so there would have to be a good drawing program made for it.
  5. normalcy

normalcy Banned

There's not an app for that.
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, there's Brushes which was demo'd at the event. Although, it's not a full image editing program like Photoshop. But we'll see what other developers will release. There's only so many apps people can make before the device is even released.
  7. normalcy

normalcy Banned

Most people studying graphic design are a bit beyond the basic editing programs. Even I have and I have minimal skill/experience with graphics.
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

True, but we don't know what kind of editing program will be released for the iPad. I mean, the iPad isn't even released yet, so we can't really say anything.
  9. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    *Post to delete*
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member