Using Spirit Jailbreak currently, can I update using itunes and then use jailbreakme?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ashido, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Ashido

Ashido New Member

I currently have itunes 9.0 I believe, and I have a ipod Touch 3G 32GB with 3.1.3 Spirit Jailbreak. Is it possible for me to update using whatever Apple has set to the latest Firmware update and then re-jailbreak?

Also is there anyway I can save my current themes,games,cydia apps, appstore apps,settings and everything so they will automatically be restored when I get the latest jailbreak? I really don't want this to be an all day process of getting my ipod back to the way it was.
  2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    use pkgbackup for backing up that stuff or just ssh and back up manually
    you can upgrade to 4.0 and use jailbreakme.com (straight from mobile safari)
    and you will need to upgrade to itunes 9.2 to use iOS 4
  3. Ashido

Ashido New Member

Ok, so I can use WinSCP and literally take everything on the ipod currently and put it on my desktop? I did that with my songs to back them up, but it took a long time.
  4. XxRedRumxX

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    i dont know about that one. but if you upgrade your fw to 4.0 then probably not since some of the file names have been changed. but what i meant about my last post was going to say.../var/stash/themes and taking out your themes and putting them back in after you restored.
  5. Ashido

Ashido New Member

Oh ok, will all the themes and stuff still work? I have a lot of things changed, like the loading symbol and stuff and want to know if everything is fine.
  6. XxRedRumxX

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    i dont know what exactly changed but some themes may still work (depends if they were updated for iOS 4)
  7. travis_longhorn

travis_longhorn New Member

hmmmmmmmm
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i dont know, lol i am just trying to get posts up to 10 so i can see the link on this dudes sig to an apple jail break