Using NOR-Only to Untether a Tethered iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Generic Name112, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Generic Name112

Generic Name112 New Member

Can you use the same NOR-Only restore that you use to change boot/recovery logos (Put iPod into Recovery Mode, then restore using NOR-Only firmware) to untether a tethered iPod? I'm asking because my friend who's still using tethered, wants to upgrade to untethered without losing all of their apps. I already rejailbroke my iPod to Untethered using Quickfreedom aka full restore, so I don't know if it's possible. I'd just like to know if that way works (By the way, their iPod has the original tethered jailbrake, not run rs).

Also, does anyone else have to wait awhile for their iPod to wake up after putting it to sleep (Pushing the sleep/hold button)? Mine takes a lot longer than it used to, and I just want to know if that's normal.
  2. xPhuong

xPhuong New Member

Yes there's an app for that in this forum search for it.
  3. Munksyman325

Munksyman325 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    redTool
    Does anyone know how to search?
  4. Generic Name112

Generic Name112 New Member

.....I already have the NOR-Only IPSW and everything, I just wanted to know if it works for jailbraking as opposed to boot logo changing which is what we all use it for. I tend to not want to try things unless I'm 100% sure that it works, and since when did asking questions turn into a blasphemous act?