Using Launcher

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Videofolife13, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Videofolife13

Videofolife13 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi Guys. I Was wondering if there is a way for me to use launcher, but not have any of my other third party apps show up on my springboard. It's simply me wanting to clean up the look of my iPot. If anyone knows how to do that, weather it be through the .plist or something else, I would appreciate a reply.
    Danke,
    -Video

Please Delete This Unless People Find it Helpful.
    I experimented by placing one of my apps in the "special" part of my N45AP. By doing this, it got rid of the icon on my springboard, but it is still found under Launcher. Hope this helps anyone who is interested.
    Peace out , Seacrest
    -Video
  2. auraking

auraking New Member

Well Its Kinda UseFull Can You Make A guide That I can Folow or Something Thank you
  3. Videofolife13

Videofolife13 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So since one person asked... I guess I'll make a guide. Hopefully more people will find this helpful. This idea came around when I felt like I had a lot of clutter on my Springboard, and I was really fed up with the amount of crap that I had just floating around. So I decided that I'd use Launcher to manage the majority of my non iPod Touch/iPhone applications.

1) Make a backup of your N45AP.plist somewhere in your iPod/iPhone or on your computer. This is extremely important because I can't tell you how many times I made a simple mistake and ended up with no icons on my home screen. Also make sure that you have all of your applications listed in that .plist. You can do this manually or by using something like iOrder.

2) Take the applications you don't want to show on your Springboard, and cut the entire line. Example of an entire Line:

Code:
                <dict>
                                   <key>displayIdentifier</key>
                                   <string>com.apple.mobilemail</string>
                           </dict>
    Take that line and paste it down under the special array along with springboard and the demo app. Line the application you took from your springboard and line it up with these applications.

3) Repeat this process for all of the applications you want to keep, but take off your Springboard.

4)Save your .plist and you're done!

I can't seem to get screenshots working but.. ya.

Hope this helped anyone who wanted a cleaner looking iPod.
    Stay Fly,
    -Video