using ipod wifi reciever to use a browser on a computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by frightenedcow, Jun 25, 2008.

1. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    is there any way that i can plug my ipod into the computer and access the wifi signal to be able to browse with firefox or internet explorer or what ever browser i decide to use. we have a linksys router in my house and only one USB card receiver that has to be shared between three computer. i wana use my ipod to replace that card.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So, you're saying that you want to use the iPod touch's wireless connection somehow through your computer?

Considering the iPod touch is connected to Wi-Fi, why can't the computer be connected normally?

You're saying that there is a card sharing 3 computers, although the iPod touch makes it four.

I don't think this is possible.
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Unfortunately, this is not possible. Spring for a few Ethernet cables to get wired internet.

EDIT:

Kiks, I think he was referring to a wireless card that one would install on a computer in order to pick up a wifi signal.
  4. apple_ipod

apple_ipod Member

It's not possible at the moment.

You have a linksys router/modem? or just a router? Try getting a wireless router. It's cheap.
  5. copydeskcat

copydeskcat New Member

On a similar issue, I've started using Joiju Spot (http://joiku.com/) on my Nokia n95 if I'm out and about and can't find any wi-fi for my laptop. All I need to do is fire up the Joiku Spot app on the phone and it turns the n95 into a wi-fi hotspot (using my unlimited Vodafone 3G subscription to access the web via the phone).

I plan to use this in conjunction with my Touch if I'm ever struggling for wi-fi.

CDC
  6. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    there is a linksys thing that send out the wifi. There is a USB card that recieves the signal. We have three home computers that need the card to be conected. I wana make my computer recognize and recieve that signal through the iPod. Someone said that its not posible YET?
  7. hyernado

hyernado New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i need almost exactly this. the only difference is that my laptop is old and doesnt have a wifi card. so i need to connect over USB to my ipod and recieve the singnal from my "linksys thing" (which is called a wireless router, by the way.)
  8. xenorecor

xenorecor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    use pdaNet for the iphone (or ipod touch, which ever you have) I'm using it right now

Please Register or Log in to view images

its in cydia
  9. darksagen2

darksagen2 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch