Using iPhone in car = A No-No

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shadeslayer, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well I thought this was REALLY interesting...

I'm lying on my bed right now (always a great way to start a story!) and lets say I 'wiggle' my springboard and puck up the maps icon to move it. Alright, I move it around y'know. And if I hold my finger still the map icon floats there, completely under my control.

An hour ago I was on a nice car ride, and if I was doing the same thing, the map icon would be ... Shaking? Like moving randomly around my finger, up down left right by about two or even three apps in any direction. Pretty weird but didn't affect my usage of my phone.

What did however was when I opened my multitasking bar to close out of a bunch of apps, apparently the bumpiness of the highway was bad enough so that when I would hold my finger down it would register as a hold but as a swipe or a tap, so it'd close the bar and open a random app from my springboard. Even apps that were at the very top.

At first I got worried, is my phone's touchscreen messing up will I have to return it etc. But now it works fine, the only thing that's been changed is the vibration of being in a moving car is gone.

So has anybody else experience anything like this ? I've never noticed or experienced it before, on my second gen iPod touch which I owned for more than a year. Thanks for any feedback, I'm rather intrigued haha.
  2. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I use my phone in the car all the time and experience no issues. Although, I try not to use it while driving cause thats dangerous

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Thats why steve invented voice control. But I always use my phone in the car and I've never experienced this.
  3. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Interference from the car maybe? I use my i4 in my car all the time and it's never messed up on me.
  4. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    really...
  5. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It might be the car. Also my compass doesn't work. Like in maps app there's ALWAYS interference if on using it on the car, which is the only time I use the maps app lol.

And voice control is only for very basic operations. I mean I can't send a text with voice control or download apps and place them into folders. Unless my phone is more advanced than I know.
  6. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it was a joke.
  7. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Its the law in someplaces. You cant use the phone while driving unless its a hands free device. So steve doesnt derver the credit.
  8. multitouchu

multitouchu Member

Did you have it plugged into a charger? Using your wall charger with a power inverter will mess with the touchsceen. Touching on 1 spot will make things wiggle around everywhere. But if you touch the metal bezel (iphone 3gs) it stops. Something to do with the was things are grounded I'm guessing. Since the touchscreen relies on changes in the current across the screen.
  9. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Really ? Wow that's very very interesting because that's what I was using, using my wallcharger plugged into a converter thing. Hmm I'll test this next time I hit the road
  10. p1ayrTh3 Ru13

p1ayrTh3 Ru13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its happened to me b4,bumps made me tighten my grip on it,acidenatlly tapping apps.i hope u werent driving while you were using it?