Using Ifile to copy files to pics & vids folder on Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Godofbeer, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Godofbeer

Godofbeer New Member

Greetings all:

Using the Ifile app, I can copy pictures, music and videos from an external USB drive onto my Ipad, but can't figure out where/how to put them so that the files then show up in the main Pictures, Ipod and Videos apps.

Odd because almost every other app has been easy to figure out where they store/read files from.

The goal is to avoid needing to synch EVER with my main PC, in case Itunes ever forces an update that close the Jailbroken status of the device.

As a work around, I just copy my file (music, pics and videos) to a folder of my choosing and then I can play anything I want via Ifile's ability to let me select a way to view the file. But, I'd like the nicer built-in apps interface and handling features.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

W.
  2. greenlink23

greenlink23 New Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    in ifile open a pic. then you will see a folder icon with an arrow on it. click on that to save the pic to your camera roll. if you click on the blue arrow beside a video, the one that opens the file attributes. and scroll all the way down you will see a button that will say "add to camera roll". that will add it you...well your camera roll but not the built-in video app/ipod app

pics for reference:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the native photo app will play video
    [​IMG]
  3. Godofbeer

Godofbeer New Member

I didn't know that- thanks Greenlink23.

Getting closer to what I want, but would be painful for a lot of pics at once. But, I'll see if I can use Ifile and search for a filename after using the approach you just outlined. If I'm lucky, I can then make an Ifile bookmark to the location and perform copy/paste actions on an entire folder of pics.

I'm making progress, will be great if it supports sub folders!

W.