Using HP System Recovery

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Tromple22, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Tromple22

Tromple22 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, I have come to the conclusion that there are some critical problems with my OS. Since my PC is an HP one (Compaq Presario) I am debating on performing an HP System Recovery. If anyone here has done this before, please provide me with some information.

Which is the better method: Using the disks (which I have) or recovering from the recovery partition (which I also have)?
    - Which is faster? (in terms of total time to complete the recovery)

Also, I do not have an external harddrive, and although I am able to backup my most important data, I cannot backup all of it to external sources.

If I move all my data to a different partition (i.e. Drive B), will this data still be there after the recovery?
  2. austintan

austintan New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I recommend using the built in back up from hp. to do that, when you start up ur pc, u will see the compaq logo.once you see that, press F12( or what) to enter the recovery. It will then ask you if you would want to restore your whole computer.click no ,see other options. and select a day you want to recover to.