using handbrake

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hotcornernoprob, Oct 1, 2008.

1. hotcornernoprob

hotcornernoprob New Member

trying to rip wedding crashers off my dvd. It says "the CLI is about to read your source process can take up to 1 minute. it just sits there and doesn't do anything for as long as i leave i there??? I downloaded DVD decrypter ripped the movie then tried using Handbrake but i don't know where to send the file. in other words whats goes in the space where it says destination file? i'm sure its obvious this is my first Ipod of any sort and am not computer savvy whatsover!
  2. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what does this have to do with the ipod touch 2ng gen?

try using a new ripping software. not going to name any cause i think its against the rules
  3. hotcornernoprob

hotcornernoprob New Member

what does it have to do with the ipod touch 2nd gen?
    ITS THE ONE I'M USING!!
  4. d3adeyes

d3adeyes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try videora it may help and it's free ( but if you like it you should donate to keep it going ) or there is also jadix it does a good job too and it is free too
  5. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Handbrake is free as well ^^^

You may need to decrypt the DVD. Download DVD Decrypter for Windows.

Get it Here
  6. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    can anyone recommend one that doesnt require an installation? vista parental controls suck

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have a box set of heroes and i'd rather watch it on my ipod thatn my tv. do i need that decrypter or will one of these programs work without?
  7. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Using DVD decrypter is a good first step. You need to get the vobs off the system. I usually use the ISO mode if i am converting for PSP or iPod, as it allows you to pick that particular part of the DVD that is the movie. Or it allows you to select certain chapters our of a DVD... very handy for my G/F's Viet DVD's where she only like some chapters.

I use 3GPConverter. Its very easy to use and is VERY quick to convert. Its free and converts anything dropped onto it to just about every format known on earth. From VOB, Divx, Xvid, MPG, WMV, etc to 3GP for Mobile phones, Mp4 for PSP, Ipod etc etc... and best of all its small and it is a drag and drop converter.

It comes in japanese, but after you download it and run it (requires no install) you can change the language.

You may also have to download a codec pack if you dont already have one. Something like the K-lite codec pack is a good start.

Worth a look. Just might have to google some of it.

And just a comment, and i may be wrong, but it cant really be against the rules if he is going to copy is own copy of this DVD to his own iPod. Everyone likes to watch videos on their iPods. I know i do. Thats the reason why i bought the touch.
  8. Apizao118

Apizao118 New Member

since we are already on this topic, what's the best way to get a youtube video onto your ipod touch
  9. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    vixy.net if youre on your computer, or if youre on your ipod, jailbreak and insall mxtube.

thanks pagaxs for the recommendation
  10. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Are you serious? Parental controls??? What are you 10? Tell your parents to change the damn controls!