Using dTunes w/ private trackers

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by deathspy, Jun 10, 2009.

1. deathspy

deathspy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey dudes. Been a fan of this site for some time but just recently registered. Anyway my question is: how can you use dTunes to download ******* files from private trackers?

First let me say that I don't illegally download. There is plenty of great non-copyrighted stuff out there.

Here's the problem I'm having: when I try to dl a ******* file from a private tracker, I always end up with a file called download.php. Not a ******* file. I've dled from a couple public trackers to test (mininova, isohunt) and it works fine. The problem is just with private trackers. I think it was something to do with the personalized ******* file you get so that your ratio can be monitored. Any advice would be awesome, thanks.
  2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try renaming it to download.******* and see what happens.
  3. wiggun

wiggun New Member

This is because the site is sending you the php file that links to the ******* file.
    I get this sometimes just from using a download helper on my computer.
    I dont see any way to get around this, unless you SSH'd the *.******* files to /User/Media/Downloads/
    OR hosted them somewhere where you know you could download them, and use dTunes to get them from there
    (2/[PIRACY.4s] works well)
  4. deathspy

deathspy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah that's true. I guess that could be helpfull if I was going somewhere and wanted to download something later, but didn't have the time immediately. Thanks guys.