Using Best Buy's Warranty to Upgrade to an iPod touch 4g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pavan, Aug 28, 2010.

1. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have an ipod touch 2g (non-mc) and i have a best buy extended warranty. somewhere in the warranty it says that with technological advances i can upgrade and i think it said for a price difference or something, but im not entirely sure. does anyone know if it would make more sense for me to upgrade to the 3g and then the 4g? or will they allow me to upgrade straight to the 4g? thanks.
  2. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I did this before, they'll allow you to upgrade but you have to pay the cost difference. And if you have an ADH warranty and consider breaking it on purpose, don't discuss that on these forums since it's considered fraud. That's just an FYI though. But you should wait for the G4 to comeout and pay the cost difference.
  3. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

I have a 2yr ADH warranty for an ipod I go at Best Buy, can I trade it in and pay the difference for a new ipod touch 4g?
  4. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yep, when you trade it in, they'll give you a store credit card which will be the same price it's being advertised at Best Buy the time you trade it in. So if you paid 300 for it and their selling it for 80... your going to get 80 bucks back.

Im not sure if they'll accept it just cause you want an upgrade though... I think it has to be damaged. You can always email customer service. Best Buy is the best when it comes to online warranty help. Just got to the sites FAQ info and get their email for customer service.

When I exchanged my Zune HD for an iPod Touch, my Zune HD was damaged.
  5. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

Oh well, I'll just sell my ipod to a friend or something, I want the new 4g.
  6. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, same here. Or I may sell it back to best buy since I got my Touch not 3 months ago... haha. But yeah, I can't wait till the G4 comes out.
  7. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

How, much would Best Buy give you?
  8. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They have an online estimater. The most is like $120.

You can sell them practically anything now lol. And if they don't accept it... there's always "new technology" warranties, craigslist, and friends.
  9. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea i got the 2yr ADH thing... so suppose it breaks, i can take it in now and get the store credit at the current price? cuz i want the most i can get for it
  10. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

Yep, you can. Go ahead. Tell them you want store credit instead of a replacement. Bada Bing Bada Boom and that's it. Just make sure you don't lose your store credit card since they don't give you a replacement card if you lose yours.

NOTE: When you return it, make sure they're not having a sale. If they are, don't return it until the sale is over. See how much their selling it for in-store and if your satisfied, then go ahead and trade it in for store credit.