Using ad-hoc network to connect to internet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gdadash, Nov 24, 2008.

1. gdadash

gdadash New Member

hello, i have searched and searched for an answer to this but not really found a proper solution, if there is an answer elsewhere please point me to it.
    My company has just moved to some new offices and the internet access is provided through ethernet, my computer has wireless card in it, could I use this to share the internet connection with my ipod touch? There is a wireless network but nobody is willing to share the password with us at the moment. I did think about just getting a wireless bridge and plugging the ethernet into that but didnt really want to spend much money if its just for me and my ipod.
  2. whites

whites Banned

Create an ad-hoc network with WEP, for some reason my iphone cannot vonnect ot my laptop ad-hoc on WPA ? may be different for oyu.

Anyways now right click you wirelesss card and share internet connection with what other interface as a connection out
  3. gdadash

gdadash New Member

I tried that and it just says that the ipod is not connected to the internet, is it the wireless connection i need to enable sharing on or the wired connection?
  4. gastonls

gastonls New Member

Go to Wireless Network Connection Right Click Properties
    Wireless Network tab. --> ADD, then
    Advanced --> computer-to-computer (ad-hoc)

General tab -->Protocol (TCP/IP), Properties.

"Use the following IP address:

IP Address: 192.168.0.1
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default gateway: . . .

DNS --> "use de following..."
    (nothing)

--> ethernet right click, Properties y entras al Tab de Advanced. Internet Connection Sharing le das checkmark (Allow other network users..)
  5. gdadash

gdadash New Member

i know its took a while but i finally solved it, if you select both connections and then right click and choose bridge connections, this seems to share the internet connection, then just set up your adhoc network through wireless networks and your away
    Thanks for all suggestions