using a ipod toouch as a CarPC!?

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by will albers, Jan 23, 2008.

1. will albers

will albers New Member

Gang, if you head over to mp3car.com, you will find a huge forum around installing PCs into cars. You will also find several posts by me, with the most recent saying I WANT OUT!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Lots of great features in the hobby but too many features for what I want. This is why I have come to you...

The best feature of the CarPC is the large touchscreen display molded into the dash. Mine is 7" widescreen with a standard USB driven Human Interface Device touchscreen. Besides that, i feel the ipod touch can perform all of my multimedia dreams with a much more stable interface.

So... How difficult would it be to display the ipod touch onto the 7 inch VGA or composite monitor? How difficult would it be to interface the touchscreen?

I can create the hardware and wiring mods, i need your programming expertise.

What do you think?
  2. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

3. will albers

will albers New Member

Partially there =)

has anyone found a way to completely clone the ipod display onto an external monitor? I want to see both movies and music selections.

The next step is controlling the ipod's interface with an external monitor touchscreen.