Username Change

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by NoJoDeL, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoJoDeL

NoJoDeL New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I wanted to know if there was any way to change my username? I saw bgizzle's thread about it and he said he wouldn't be doing them for a week or two and that was about a month ago. And I also wanted to know about inactive members, if their usernames could be, in a sense, "recycled" so other users could use them. Because I really wanted the username "Noah" but it was and is currently taken by a member who hasn't been on for nearly 6-7 months and only has 4 posts.
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Read the beginning of that thread, and that will tell you that you will never get the username "Noah."

Also, bgizzle is the only one that can change your name. If he says he won't do it, he won't. Don't even ask him until he says he'll start again.
  3. NoJoDeL

NoJoDeL New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    But what they really should have is make it so if you aren't active in so many months then you lose your account or username. Or at least make it so you need say 25 posts to permanently get to keep your username. Because then otherwise people could be taking some very great usernames and be not using them and letting them go to waste when people like me would be using it everyday. When someone hasn't been on for half a year and has less than 5 posts I'm pretty sure it isn't very important to them.
  4. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    What if they decide to come back

once a username is taken 9/10 its gone
  5. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You are by no means the first to use this argument against bgizzle, and lose. The rules aren't going to change. You could try similar things though, such as
    Noah.
    _Noah_
    *Noah*
    etc.
  6. NoJoDeL

NoJoDeL New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Then they can make a new account. Even if they do come back after so long the chances of them remembering their username and password after making less than 5 posts is pretty unlikely. Now I too know that I have had an account on this site a long time ago but I never came back and forgot my username and password so I had to remake one and here I am. It obviously won't be a big deal to them, it's not like I'm asking for my name to be changed to Teslanaut.
  7. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Once again...
    What I just said...

Whatever, go try it with bgizzle then.
  8. iP0dT0uch1

iP0dT0uch1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It will be interesting to see what he says...

It's obvious

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Very.
  10. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Even if I was accepting username changes, you haven't been a member long enough to be able to request one. It's all spelled out in the first post of the username change thread. If there are any further questions of this sort, please take them up with me privately.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.