User Banned

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Axis, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I am well aware of the petition thread aimed at demoting crazyloof. I participated in the debate, and I was disturbed by michigan033's losing his temper at crazyloof. I felt that michigan033 had the right to voice his concerns/complaints over crazyloof's modship. I know michigan033 got a bit out of control when he called crazyloof "b*tch". I had told michigan033 to calm down if he wanted to get anywhere in this process. Then I was away from my computer for about 3 minutes. In those three minutes, did something drastic happen to cause all threads about crazyloof's modship and michigan033 to be BANNED from the forums?? If so, could someone fill me in. It appears that the petition thread was DELETED not closed. Also did michigan033's actions warrant a ban?

* I cannot say this enough: Please don't give me an infraction over my involvement in this mess. I am just concerned about the grounds on which michigan033's was banned.
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Michigan(insert numbers) has been banned before. He was warned numerous times. I am not sure who banned him but, he deserved the ban. He had way too many second chances, now, he will not be coming back.
  3. music4life

music4life Active Member

Hey hellrider. I also don't know much. But I do know michigan033 was banned. He has been banned previously. And alot of people do not support this decision.

And as far as infractions go, we're glad to see you're concerned and would like to be involved in this site.

EDIT: Of course sompe people support the decision.
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had nothing to do with it so I can only venture a guess, but I believe that this was a "straw that broke the camel's back" situation.

He had been banned before for posting useless things, and he continued to do this (although to a lesser extent) after returning from the ban. The flaming and the insensitive of the flaming towards crazyloof was unacceptable. There are many better methods of expressing disapproval.

His banning was certainly justified in my opinion.
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Thank you for filling me in. I, too, have seen him use profanity many times on this site.

Pleas close.
  6. music4life

music4life Active Member

If I was more educated about the situation I most certainly would have agreed. And from hear-say, I must support as well. Though I don't understand what the anger toward crazyloof was about.
  7. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i asked loof if he got him banned he/she said no
  8. DeusMachina

DeusMachina Retired Moderator

You pm'ed me asking if I banned him, I had nothing to do with the ban.
  9. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    sorry didnt mean to stew up any troble or anything
  10. deveelx

deveelx New Member

I believe Moderators don't have the power to ban, only admins and Super mods.

Edit: I also believe hellrider requested this thread to be closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.