useful tool: wacom tablet

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by berky93, Aug 3, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I just got a Wacom bamboo fun tablet (wacom is the company, bamboo is the product catefory, and fun is the actual product, in case you were wondering)

its great. its a little pad that sits in place of your mouse pad, and not only lets you use a mouse (included is the mouse that works with the pad) but also a pen (also included) for input. you can set all of the buttons to do things and customize it every way possible.

The reason I'm posting this here in the graphics and design section of the forums is because I have found that this is the most incredible tool for photoshop. with this, so many things like drawing paths, selecting objects, adding handwriting, and general drawing are so much easier and more realistic. I just took a picture I'd already made in photoshop and attempted to re-create the techniques I used on another photo, it was much faster work and much easier. I think the reason for this is because most people use a device in the "writing" sense (like a pen, pencil, marker, crayon, putty knife, etc.) much more than they use a computer mouse, and they also use them more accurately. so when you become able to use that same method in your computer work, its much easier.*

Picture of it:

Please Register or Log in to view images

on the bamboo fun, which is pictured, the work area is the rectangle in the middle, as it is with all of their tablets. the size of it varies, and this one has a work area of 5.8x3.7 inches, which is plenty for most people. for people looking to use it for more drawing or writing, such as artists or writers, and need a bigger work area, there are larger sizes available.

I figured it was only the right thing to do to share my experiences with the good people here, in case anyone is interested.

Please Register or Log in to view images

*tip: some people may find it easier to use the pen naturally like a regular pen if they hold the tablet in their lap rather than put it on a desk. I found this to be true for me, it may or may not be true with you.
  2. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Any pictures of it?
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

sure, I'll put some up right now. I knew I forgot something