Used my 3G for a week and a half: Review

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPhondTouch3G, Oct 3, 2009.

1. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My 3G is awesome.

Speakers + Mic

IDK what u guys said about the speakers, but they are sufficiently loud, and the audio quality is great. Some songs crackle at full volume, though. I thought that you have to put the mic to ur mouth for it to work. It works even from a few feet away.

Audio

As long as your songs are at a 192 or 256 bit rate, the headphone audio quality is great. 128 is also good. I prefer my Bose headphones, but now i'm forced to use apple headphones because of the mic.

Games

The game Cube by FernLightning ( best FPS for console ) runs at about 30 fps on my 3G with about 20 enemies on the map. My first gen ran at like 6-10. All games run really smoothly on my 3G compared to my 1G. Other games loaded a lot faster and frame rates made games very playable. No lag at all. Try F.A.S.T., it never crashes now. I can't wait until Ace Combat iPhone comes. It better be a 3GS/ iPt3G exclusive.

http://toucharcade.com/2009/09/16/namco-bandais-ace-combat-x-heading-to-the-app-store/

http://toucharcade.com/2009/09/26/tgs-2009-ace-combat-xi-impressions-and-gameplay-video/

Speed

The speed is great and FreeMemory always shows me having 130 mb of RAM free. Its just that one time I had 36 mb RAM left, even when i wasnt doing anything. Load times blew me away. The only app that lags is textPlus.

Cons

Why do I only get 29 gb when i wanted 32? I got 14.5 with my 16gb 1G, so why dont i get 30.5 with my 3G. I don't really think it was that great of an upgrade. I told my dad to cancel the order on Amazon but there was some error so when it arrived i couldn't resist opening it when i could have returned it and waited for the 4G.

Conclusion

Get one. Its a nice piece of sh*t.

EDIT: Added stuff and fixed typos.
  2. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I agree, I love my 3G too.

To answer your question about the HD...

The higher amount of storage a hard drive has, the more is deducted from it.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

14.5 in your 16gb
    double it
    29 in your 32gb..
  4. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

hes thinking 16-1.5=14.5
    so 32-1.5=30.5
    not 2(16-1.5)=2(14.5)
  5. masterxchief46

masterxchief46 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hard drive and flash memory manufacturers calculate storage space stupidly. They say 1000mb (or something along that line) is 1gb when it is actually 1024mb, so as you get to higher capacities you will see more gbs lost and also the OS software of the ipod eats up some space.
  6. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Because after formatted disk space you lose a few GB's. This is common with all hard drives these days. I really wish they would call 80gb drives 74GB, 500GB drives 465GB and so on. How many times have i seen someone go back to a computer store saying they jipped them and "stole their missing gigabytes". gah.
  7. TheBigKing

TheBigKing Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i sell my ipod touch yestarday and go to buy the 3g 32 gb
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Nice review. Im writing one in the App review format myself (read: long).
  9. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I edited stuff and added to review.
  10. gtyjrocks

gtyjrocks Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Nice review i probably will not get one because i have a second gen but i sorta want one