Used jailbreakme.com but now it just doesn't work, please help someone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by justsuby, Feb 2, 2008.

1. justsuby

justsuby New Member

I updated my ipod touch to 1.1.2

I then downgraded to 1.1.1 using the shift-click and update (on a PC with itunes 7.6)

It worked on the second try, first time I got an error (can't remember what error). Everything was still there all my music and what not.

I tried to go to jailbreakme.com
    Safari crashed. Then it had a download text saying 44% and it was stuck there for ages. I restarted assuming it was frozen and now anytime I try to jailbreak it just crashes from safari and nothing happens even after several minutes. I'm assuming my internet connection was interrupted during the download from jailbreakme.com

Can anyone help me please? I tried restoring my ipod (reseting from the itouch itself and also re-updating to 1.1.1 manually)... what else can I do? If I do the proper restore from itunes it will go to version 1.1.3 and that will f*** me right?

please help, I really really want a jailbroken ipod touch. Thanks
  2. prInZ

prInZ Member

No,

Upgrade to 1.1.3 then downgrade to 1.1.1 with itunes.
    Should work.

regards...
  3. justsuby

justsuby New Member

trying now, will post a report. thanks!
  4. justsuby

justsuby New Member

now it simply gives me an error when I try to restore to 1.1.1

I have a bad feeling I shouldn't have upgraded to 1.1.3

dude......... everytime I try to restore to 1.1.1 it f***s my ipod and I have to restore to 1.1.3
    please don't tell me I have to go about doing some crazy sh*t to revert to 1.1.1

I am trying this:
    "# Connect your iPod touch to the Mac. Make sure it shows up in iTunes.
    # Put the iPod touch in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode as follows:

* Press and hold-down both the Power and Home buttons.
    * Release the Power button when you see the iPod disconnects and disappears from iTunes. This takes place in about 10 seconds. The iPod’s screen is blank.
    * Release the Home button when you see this pop-menu message, and click on “Check”. The ipod touch’s screen is still blank. Next, this popped up, and you should see your iPod touch in your iTunes round about now. Click on “OK” to continue.
    * Press and Hold the Option Key (Shift Key on a PC) and click the “Restore” button. Then select the firmware 1.1.1 file you just download and let the restoration begin!

looks like its working. wasn't too bad. once it gets to 1.1.1 safely ill try jailbreakme again then the mods can delete this stupid thread. Sorry! I'm new to my iPod Touch as you can clearly see.
  5. cailean2k

cailean2k New Member

Have a look at this post for help on how to downgrade
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33837&highlight=downgrade

Last time I jailbroke 1.1.1 I used the version in this link. rather than the jailbreakme.com
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5887

Do you definitely have the correct firmware and it has the correct file suffix. The filename should end in "_Restore.ipsw". Downloading with IE causes it to be renamed to .zip

There are also couple of things that could be causing problems with downgrading.
    e.g if you are using itues 7.6
  6. justsuby

justsuby New Member

SO yeah, the downgrading works if you do that special thing where you hold the power and home buttons to get to the special restore mode for your ipod. And the problem with using jailbreakme was most likely a crappy internet connection. It just started working on like the 50th try. So yeah, thanks for the help! I can say I am happily jailbroken now!