Used iJailBreak for 1.1.3 and have 2 problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Dm!tr! the !st, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Dm!tr! the !st

Dm!tr! the !st New Member

1:
    I cant get a SMS fo rit so i can edit files in the FTP

2:
    TTR will not show up on homescreen or in installer

Besides that, everything is awesome.
  2. Dm!tr! the !st

Dm!tr! the !st New Member

3. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

did you get it to work
  4. tokin84

tokin84 New Member

So, supposedly you need to reset all settings (Settings->General->Reset->Reset All Settings) at least twice to overcome some of the issues with the iJailbreak method. If that doesn't work, I would recommend starting from scratch, downgrading to 1.1.1, jailbreaking to 1.1.2, then using the Dev Team's soft upgrade method to bring yourself to 1.1.3. Once there, you can use iJailbreak to install iPhone apps onto your iPod (which works really well).

One issue with doing the 1.1.1->1.1.2 jailbreak with iTunes 7.6 is that your iPod will enter restore mode after you have jailbroken 1.1.2. To fix this, you need to close iTunes and run iNdependence (http://code.google.com/p/independence/) which will help bring you out of restore mode. When you open the program, it will give you an error since you are using an iPod instead of an iPhone, but it worked for me! If you are running Windows, try iBrickr ().

Once you've fixed the 1.1.2, you should be able to do the Dev Team's upgrade (which has been detailed in another post on this forum) to 1.1.3 and then use the iJailbreak to put the iPhone applications on your iPod.

Hope this helps!