Use Windows as Access Point for the Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mrhankey87, Oct 29, 2007.

1. mrhankey87

mrhankey87 New Member

How to do it?

I spent so much time at University, and here my PC can connect to the wi fi service, but not the iTouch because of some certificate problems. So.... Is there any way to let my pc get the signal and transmit it to the ipod touch? Thank u...
  2. SkinFlint

SkinFlint New Member

I wish it's possible because I'm looking to do it with my GF's PC!
  3. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if you're running vista its super easy. you need 2 wifi adapters for it to work, so go buy a second one if you dont have a spare. just go start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing > over on the left side hit "set up a connection or network" > choose set up a wireless adhoc network > name it whatever ou want, security whatever you want, passphrase whatever you want. you can save it or dont save it depending on if its a one time thing or if you wanna use it alot. hit next again, it should set it all up for you. if you're connected to the internet already, at the bottom of the next scren it should have a button for "share my internet connection", just hit that and it'll automatically setit up and now you have one card connected to the internet, and one connected to your touch.
  4. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    This is me, asking the same thing, and making it work:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1158720&tstart=0