Use pinouts fror active noise canceling

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by SkankyToast, Aug 31, 2010.

1. SkankyToast

SkankyToast New Member

is it possible to use pin-outs or pin-ins to get stereo microphone input to the iDevice, and reverse the frequency signals from those, and output that into the headphone jack for active noise cancellation, like they have in certain bose headphones?
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you asking us if it's possible to do something that has already been done? :S
  3. SkankyToast

SkankyToast New Member

explain please.
  4. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Are you asking if what you ask is possible? Or are you asking if there is already something out there that does this?

To answer your question, of course it's possible, but it would require someone to make a tweak for a special type of hardware that will connect into the dock port. One can easily be created through microphone integration (on headphones) and block noise from that.
  5. SkankyToast

SkankyToast New Member

ether or. It would be nice if someone already has this, but i haven't found anything yet. I just want to be able to get input from 3 pins, and use them to make noise-cancellation headphones instead of buying the exuberantly priced ones.

EDIT: as well as a developer to help, because frankly i'm not well acquainted with the iphone SDK
  6. SkankyToast

SkankyToast New Member