Use mobile as modem via bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jayjay960, Sep 19, 2009.

1. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a mobile phone that I usually keep a browsing pack on for internet, which is useful and all.. Except.. Well, the fact is, (most) mobile phones aren't designed for browsing. They have awkward little keypads, tiny little screens and on my phone at least, the memory is tiny, and it lags so bad if I'm on a large page, or typing a large bit of text.

So I was thinking. As far as I know, iBluetooth only allows file transfer to/from other bluetooth devices. And it's only on iPhones at the moment. I also know that at the moment bluetooth on the iPod touch only supports a2dp, or connecting to other iPods/iPhones/Nike+. But if iBluetooth is successfully ported to the iPod Touch, wouldn't this mean it would be possible to port other bluetooth profiles to it, such as being able to recieve a signal from mobile phones that can be used as bluetooth modems, and then perhaps the iPod could be fooled into thinking that signal was a wifi signal?

Or am I just spouting nonsense?
  2. Remy B

Remy B Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It sounds like nonsense to people who don't know anything about it but I thought of something myself, fooling the iTouch so it would pair to other things than just earphones. You could try it...
  3. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

depends if your phone is browsing only on WAP and the type of phone you're using. if its WAP, i dont think tethering would work.