Use iPod Touch WiFi as Tethering? To Desktop or Notebook?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by thechaostheory89, Mar 25, 2008.

1. thechaostheory89

thechaostheory89 New Member

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to use your iPod Touch's Wi-Fi built in to connect your desktop and notebook.

Basically, if you do not have any Wireless or Wired network hook up to your desktop/notebook, you can use your iPod Touch's WiFi connection?

Is that possible? For me, i think yes. Is there anyone planning to develop that? I think that will be very cool.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    It may be possible, i remember a dev that built one of these for the psp. it would be very useful for when i want to be on my desktop and xbox, i only have one ethernet cable in my room.
  3. thechaostheory89

thechaostheory89 New Member

Exactly. It will be great! Suppose you are at your grandparents home and they dont have any high speed connection but phoneline... you can use your iPod Touch for WiFi to leech on sumone's connection next door!
  4. steeped

steeped New Member

Very possible. If programmed as such, the iPod can act as a USB adapter and give wifi to your computer. In theory it's possible, but a skilled programmer would be needed.