Use iPhone/iPod Touch as bluetooth dongle for Laptop?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by gothminion, Sep 4, 2010.

1. gothminion

gothminion New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can skip the first paragraph if you want.

I once had a bluetooth adapter and I managed to set a wiimote up with my laptop for control.
    I know it sounds weird but I could use the lights as a sensor bar, or put a small torch in front of the laptop.
    Unfortunately I left my computer on the sofa with the usb bluetooth adapter in and sat on the adapter, breaking it.

I was thinking that I could use my ipod touch as a bluetooth adapter so I can do the random thing with a wiimote and some lego stuff with bluetooth (if you don't know what the lego is ignore it)coz I know you can tether through bluetooth.

I'm sure for some people it would have a more practical use than wiimote mice, so if anyone knows how I could do this please help!

Thanks
  2. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    You cant do it, however, you can still still pair your WiiMote to your iPod touch or iPhone and use it as a remote for the NES Emulator, SNES Emulator, or even the N64 Emulator. you can also use it for controlling music as well. you can also use a bluetooth keyboard [ officially supported in iOS 4 ], and a Bluetooth mouse such as the Apple Magic Mouse.
  3. gothminion

gothminion New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks, I'll have to get a dongle then.

You can use a magic mouse with an itouch? Why would you bother?
  4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    With that, a bluetooth keyboard, and TVOut from Cydia or another simple Video Out app, you can basically have a mini computer with iOS.
  5. garora

garora New Member

Device:
    iPad
    How can i use my ipad or ipod touch as a bluetooth dongle, i am jailbrocken and i dont want to buy a dongle, i am okay with buying a tweak from cydia