Use iPhone Earphones/Mic on iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ThatWasOffTheHook, Sep 20, 2009.

1. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There are several very entertaining as well as useful apps that I would love to have but I can't buy them because a mic is necessary for its function. So because I am in need of new earphones anyway, could I somehow buy iPhone earphones that have the integrated mic and would that mic work with my 1 gen ipod touch??? thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    No, the 1G touch doesn't have the extra contact in the headphone jack required for headphones w/ built-in mic to work.

But hey, the 8GB iPod touch 2G (with mic capability) is now only $149 refurbished on the Apple site.
  3. deadlydeal

deadlydeal New Member

Fantastic headphone. Excellent in quality, as you would expect from Apple.Check out special deal.
  4. nomadman

nomadman New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    As much as i loose and break earphones, I bought a china made wanna-be Apple earphones with mic for 3 USD and works well with VOIP apps and memo.
  5. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I bought one of those, they didn't anchor the wires correctly and whe I walked I could hear the echo of the wires in the headphones =| I learned the hard way that apple replaces headphones, after like 5 different pairs over the years =]>

~Back on topic~

My mcally mic used to work on the 2.X firmwares out of the box, now it doesn't on 3.X; that was the only workin' mic for the 1G iPod =\