Use GIMP to make Reflective Dock iPod touch

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by csnplt, Sep 8, 2008.

1. csnplt

csnplt New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    How can I use GIMP to make a reflective dock for my iPod touch, with my choice of icon order? Everyone says to use photoshop, but I don't have it.

BTW, I had tried downgrading my touch to 1.1.1, jailbreaking it, changing the icon order on the dock to Safari-music-videos-photos, then SSHing into it to get the SBDockBG, SBDockBG2, and SBDockMask files. After that, I re-upgraded to 2.0.2, and put the dock in via ssh again, but the new dock didn't display properly. (no reflection, and the dock rose above the icons, just like with the original dock, only black coloration)

I don't want to use kate because I don't want to steal it, and don't want to pay for it. Also, it won't work with winterboard, which I have.

If you can't provide me with instructions, would one of you mind making me one with this order, from left to right, with the 1.1.1 stock style dock?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Safari-Music-Movies-Photos

Thank you for any help.
  2. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i'm not too savy when it comes to gimp and photoshop
    but the easiest way i can think of which i would be
    quite aghast if you couldn't accomplish in gimp would be to open
    an image of your home screen, then
    past a copy of you're dock underneath, then past each icon
    line up the the icons exactly as they appear on your homescreen's dock, then just flip it vertically, or, flip the icons vertically, and then change the opacity if you can