Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by marciton, Nov 2, 2007.
someone know how to use a proxy to browse when you need it ?
I use this on my homescreen. This is a google proxy. It makes any website a mobile website. I installed it using iPhone Apper.
I need something diffrent
I want use my compagny proxy to connect to internet with wi-fi ...
I had the same problem. Quite by accident I found the answer. Follow these steps and you'll be up and running in no time at all. This is something I have tested. It will definitely work as long as you have access at your company. To be able to use this you need to get the Server IP address, Port, User Name, and Password from your IT department if you don't have it already.
1. Click Settings icon
2. Click Wi-Fi button.
3. Find your active connection
4. On the far right side of your active connection there is an arrow button. Press it.
5. Click on DHCP icon
6. Scroll to bottom of page to HTTP Proxy section
7. Click Manual button.
8. Enter your company's Server IP address and Port number.
9. Click Authentication button.
10. Enter your User Name and Password.
I hope this works for you. Let us know.
hey exactly how do u find out the Server IP and PORT number? instead of askign an IT is there a way to get it from one of their laptops?
Separate names with a comma.