Use 2 computers to sync music - help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by caminator, May 28, 2010.

1. caminator

caminator New Member

I am new to this forum and to the ipod world, so please bear with me if this is basic.

I have 2 computers. A laptop and a desktop. I have lots of music on both computers. I've hooked up my ipod to my laptop and created a couple different playlists and sync'd all of the music I wanted to. I now want to plug it into my desktop and sync that music on that computer to my ipod WHILE PRESERVING WHAT IS ALREADY ON THERE. I want to 'append' to it, and not overwrite it. It appears that itunes only wants to overwrite it. Is what I'mtrying to do possible?
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    The only way would to set your device to manually manage music and then add songs by drag and drop from libraries or there is pwntunes which let's you drag and drop music to folder like any other mp3 player, eliminating the need for iTunes.
  3. caminator

caminator New Member

I have an iTouch with the latest software on it. I just got my itouch a couple of months ago. Can I do this manual manage thing on this unit, and if so, how?
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    In iTunes select your deceive then in the summary tab at the bottom of the page you will see a box with manually manage music next to it, select that.