iPhone 3G usb not recognized..... iPhone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ROBD9109, Jul 26, 2010.

1. ROBD9109

ROBD9109 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have a iPhone 3g the screen went out on the phone so I can't see what is on the screen or what the phone is doing, also the home button doesn't work ( I can fix these problems) but that's not my problem. The problem that I am having is that when I plug in my iPhone into the computer the computer says that it cannot recognize the device and in the Device Manager it labeled and unknown device (Windows). I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and that doesn't work. I can't hard reset because my home button. Is this a hardware issue (something inside the phone) or could it be a software problem. Do I have to replace the dock connector?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have almost your same exact issue. I've been working on it for way too long, it's a hardware issue. I say if you can, open up the phone and make sure all ribbons are connected. If you need further help with this, I'd be glad to assist you, just PM me.
  3. ROBD9109

ROBD9109 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I just want know if it is the dock connector or is it my computer. I already have somebody that will fix the phone for I just need to kmow whether its the phone (dock connector) or pc
  4. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try reinstalling iTunes first, it could solve something but I doubt it will. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem; you should take it to your person.