USB Flash Drive

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Hmmmmmm, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmm New Member

Is it possible to connect a flash drive directly to the ipod/iphone? That some kind of app that will make this happen? lol
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    How would you connect it in the first place? There's no physical connection. Apps can allow things that are backed up by the fact that the device has hardware to support it. No magic app will make USB flash drives be read on iPhones/iPod Touches.
  3. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    theres been talk of using the camera adapter that is for the iPad to do this, but I haven't heard anything solid yet, if it does work it will be extremely inconvenient. The ipad has a built in USB controller chip thingy that would allow this, ipod/iphones don't so unless they can emulate that I don't think that will happen.
  4. Hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmm New Member

Well the wire that came with my ipod touch has a usb connection on the end. Put a female adaptor on the end and you can plug a usb flash drive into your ipod. I know you can copy to and from the ipod over the usb cable to the computer, so maybe its a question of the ipod being able to power the usb key.
  5. FortyTwo

FortyTwo Banned

i know there is an app that lets your ipod run a virtual flash drive, meaning you could, say, listen to it on ur xbox
  6. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The USB wouldn't be able to get power from the iPod so unless you had an external power source that couldn't work.
  7. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Off topic: What is this? I've been looking for a little while.
  8. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    why do you even need this? if you have more music than you have room for just rotate playlists.