USB flash drive recommendations

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by dustinlenguyen, Aug 14, 2010.

1. dustinlenguyen

dustinlenguyen Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm in need of a decent USB flash drive for school. I never really used one, as I always used things like Dropbox to store files so I'd never lose them. However, the classes I'm taking apparently require one, so would you guys suggest something good?

I'm looking for something with a fast read/write speed (at least 20MB/s), around 16-32GB of storage, and won't break if I were to drop it a couple of times. My budget is $100.

Any suggestions would be great.
  2. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Your best looking around your local shops rather than asking here. Try amazon for good deals.
  3. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recommend the Patriot xPorter XT drive. It comes in a few different sizes. I got the 8GB one. It's the fastest flash drive I've used, very fast transfer speed. It's almost invulnerable too. I have washed and dried it multiple times, dropped it under our huge F-250 king cab truck and had it run over, thrown it at the wall, and dropped it multiple times. It's been dropped in ice water and hot soup. It still works fine. I lost the cap on it though lol.
  4. patpond

patpond New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wtf are you doing with your thumbdrive

Please Register or Log in to view images

anyways, I've had many of these things, and I can't think of any that were better/worse than the next.

I would go to pricebat.com and just try to find the cheapest.