USB Device not recognized... ??

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by JesterDev, Feb 20, 2009.

1. JesterDev

JesterDev New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have gone through various suggestions for this problem (searched) and none of them seem to work. It was recognized once, after my second attempt, but now I am stuck with a blank screen. I hear the USB sounds, but other then that nothing.

Any suggestions?
  2. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This probably won't work, but try to enter Recovery mode. Same thing happened to me when I was semi-tethered. I had to restore to the original firmware. Are you on semi-tethered?
  3. JesterDev

JesterDev New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes I'm on semi-tethered. Recovery mode I can get into-that's when it says it's not recognized. I went through the whole process, and I have not been able to boot into jailbreak mode yet due to the above issue.
  4. tofumafia

tofumafia New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Plug it in then put it in DFU mode.
  5. small0123

small0123 New Member

why have they made DFU so complicated (well its not THAT complicated but still seems alot of people have problems doing it)
  6. JesterDev

JesterDev New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I can put it into DFU mode just fine. Or so I think (blank screen). That's when windows says it cannot recognize the device. Itunes says it's an ipod, but there's an error and to disconnect it and try again..

Irecovery can't find it either-in DFU mode.
  7. ChrisFrancia

ChrisFrancia New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  8. JesterDev

JesterDev New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for trying, but that didn't work either. It does show up as an unknown device, but is already enabled. I tried disabling it, and then enabling it and nothing.

It does say it's installed and ready for use, but when I put it into DFU mode it's still not recognized. Also it still says "Unknown device".

Let it sit over night unplugged and still a black screen. This also happened with an 8Gig also... What the hell am I doing wrong?! I'm not a noob to this kind of stuff (the jailbreaking yes, but not to computers).
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well I guess I'm about done. Going to just take both my ipods back and get a new one. waited nearly 24 hours with both unplugged and no luck. Tried this on 2 ipods with same results. Searched the web, watch tons of videos, and tried several GUI apps. All I have left to do is boot them, and I should be done, but I cannot get it recognized at all under windows, and mac well that's a lost cause also (not even a connection sound, HD activity, nothing). Tried on 3 computers with same results. Even tried under linux, and it shows nothing connected.