USB-charger not working/too low output?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cjskoog, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cjskoog

cjskoog New Member

Hi!
    I just bought below USB-charger off eBay (I'm going to do some travelling and I'm not feeling for having my laptop with me):
    http://pc-link.biz/pc/pausbeu.jpg

On the ebay-auction it says it should fit to any iPod, and I thought so too since USB have a standard voltage, however when I connect it to my iPod touch it doesn't react (the battery icon doesn't change). Also, I tried it for an hour or so without any noticable increase in battery-status.

Does anyone know if the output (5VDC, 300mA) is to low? Or does it just take longer time to charge the battery?

I tried to connect my camera to the charger with my camera sync-cable. the LED on the camera went green, so I guess the charger is working..
  2. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

is it upside down? i had that problem before where i put it into the power jack upside down so it wouldnt work
  3. cjskoog

cjskoog New Member

Now I don't see what you mean. The input (wall outlet) is AC so I guess it shouldn't matter how I put the adapter into the wall outlet. As for the output, USB-connectors are fool proof, you can only get it in one way?
  4. XyracX

XyracX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same problem her so any info ?
  5. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    happened to me, sometimes get the litle icon in the top right, saying that it is charged, even thouigh it isnt, it usually works if i change my outlet