USB car adapter

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BubbaK, Sep 7, 2009.

1. BubbaK

BubbaK New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've got a brand new Hyundai Elantra Touring and it has an auxiliary usb port for the stereo. It says it can control the ipod using the usb. I hooked up my jailbroken 2G touch using the factory ipod cable and I got an error on the stereo that its not compatible. I hooked up my kids nano and it works just fine. I restored the ipod to stock and it still didn't work. I just upgraded the firmware to 3.0 and still no good. I can't seem to find any info or fixes for this.... The stereo also has the 3.5mm jack input for the stereo, but I want to control the ipod as well.
  2. iBurnToast

iBurnToast New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It said iPod,not iPod touch.
  3. cmjdjm1

cmjdjm1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Chances are its not going to work no matter how many times you restore. There doesnt seem to be too many accessories that work with the 2g right now.
  4. BubbaK

BubbaK New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok.. I thought an ipod touch was an ipod.
  5. '93. !

'93. ! New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    An iPod Touch is, obviously, an iPod. However, disk use is not enabled on the iPod Touch, which mean your car probably doesn't know where/how to locate the audio files. Your best bet is to just use the 3.5mm audio jack to play your iPod through your car stereo and just control your iPod as you normally would. Sorry, mate.
  6. BubbaK

BubbaK New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks 93 for the explanation. It make sense at least. Maybe something to do with encryption?.. I plugged in a memory stick with mp3's in different folders and it picked them all up and disregarded all the regular files..